Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hang on, my love, and grow big and strong

It's been a long time since my last post. I did some art projects. But I didn't bother to take photos and post on this blog. I start to realize it's the project itself bring me amusement, not the photo or the blog post of my project.

I made a flower hair clip using felt wool as a gift for my little cute cousin. I made a wallet out of carton box. I made two wallets out of magazine paper. (If you want to make one too, I can send you the tutorials which I refered to.)

Something unbelievable happen to me. I go out less, I mean MUCH less. And of course, I cut back my expenditure on clubbing, shopping, movie-going, theatre-going and invest those money in art materials. It brings me much happiness and amusement. I used to spent over hundred of dollars for a few hours performance, like pop stars' concert. But, everytime, everytime, after the performance, I fell into a hole, a hole with loniless and sadness. I blamed myself for spending that much money for a performance and which money I didn't make. The horriable thing is that I keep doing it. That is totally destructive.

Making craft project is very difference. I start to acknowledge myself for making something that is "pretty" and useful. (I always think my craft work is pretty, but my younger sister never think so...) And the most important thing is the process, from nothing to something. It cost less and bring me huge happiness and satisfaction.

The best birthday gift I found, was a letter from Iggy pop. No, he didn't write to me. He wrote to his fan as a gift. He told the girl who just turn 21 years old,

Hang on, my love, and grow big and strong.


No comments: