Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Delicious! Homemade yogurt with homemade strawberry Jam!

CAUTIONS: THE BLOG POST YOU ARE GOING TO READ IS EXTREMELY DELICIOUS! Be prepared!

Who ever thought that yogurt could be made at home? It's just so normal for me to buy them in supermarket. Million thanks to Jennifer's brother-in-law's mom for this delicious homemade yogurt recipe! If I can make it in Hong Kong, so can you!




It's super simple. Just heat half gallon of milk. Cool it down. Mix with a small container of plain yogurt. Leave at the counter overnight. Put some tissue paper on top of the homemade yogurt. Pop it into the fridge. And Wow, here you go, delicious, super creamy, and inexpensive homemade yogurt! Don't follow my instruction here, do check out the wonderful and funny recipe at Jennifer's blog.

The pink thing in my yogurt is another great recipe find in p for perfection. It's Strawberry Jam. Take only 30 mins to make. Super simple, super Yum!

Russian Tea
Strawberry Jam not only could put on bread and yogurt. But also you could put a tablespoon or two of Strawberry Jam in your Darjeeling Tea, we call that the Russian Tea. Little bit sour (coz of the lemon juice in the jam recipe,), little bit sweet, plus the scent mix with the tea and fresh strawberry. De-Li-Ci-O-So!!!




I tried to spell YUM with my homemade strawberry Jam here..


The first thing I think of, when I was still in my bed, just open my eyes, is I gotta see what my yogurt become! I gotta eat them! I made them last Friday. It was about 2L of yogurt according to Jennifer's recipe, and only me and my mom were eating it. The yogurt went into our tummy in only three days! I just make a new batch and using my first yogurt as starter. They are now sleeping in my kitchen counter, hoping that everything will be delicious!

Give it a try! Easy to get addicted! Simple Gourmet make with your lovely hands!

1 comment:

Ana Goncalves said...

Looks delicious and I can see why it would be addictive. It's wonderful when someone shares a new recipe isn't it! :)